Eastwood Homes builds in the South, and we LOVE Southern Living Magazine! We also LOVE fall! And this month, Southern Living is featuring “72 Fabulous Fall Decorating Ideas.” You can check out the whole list here. Or continue reading for a quick summary of our favorite ideas from the list!
- Make Custom Candleholders - Transform mini pumpkins into luminarias by cutting a 1-inch-wide circle into each pumpkin, scooping out the centers with a tablespoon, and inserting votive candles.
- Why we love it – it’s simple! You can purchase mini pumpkins just about anywhere this time of year!
- Spray Paint Your Centerpiece - A coat of metallic gold spray paint upgrades a grouping of glass candlesticks (thrift store finds!) and heaps of large North Carolina apples.
- Why we love it – North Carolina Apples! Of course, we love this idea for not only fall decorating, but for year round. You can make any home décor item the right color with a can of spray paint! When color trends change, simply stock up on the newest shade of spray for your plastic/wood/glass/ceramic decorative items!
- Pumpkin Flower Vase - Feel free to take a more natural approach with your pumpkin decorating and skip the spiderwebs and jack-o-lanterns. Simply carve a hole in a pumpkin and fill up with your favorite fall blooms.
- Why we love it – What a beautiful way to display flowers! The Farmers Market always has the best blooms for a great value. I think it would be wise to first put a jar of some sort inside the pumpkin so that you can still keep your greenery in water.
- Use Color for Impact - A neutral backdrop of white linens and dishes puts the focus on punches of orange and green.
- Why we love it – This decorating tip should be applied to all seasons. I highly recommend purchasing everyday tableware in basic white so it can be brought to life with brightly colored accent pieces, napkins, candles, and centerpieces. During the fall season, you can easily POP the color with mini pumpkins and other gourds!
- Add Height to Your Pumpkin Display - Arrange branches, dried grasses, moss, squash, and small pumpkins in a vase as you would a traditional flower display. Then, choose a single pumpkin with an interesting shape or a twisted stem to showcase. Place it on a smaller table or stool to help set it apart from the rest.
- Why we love it – Incorporate this with number 2 above. Purchase a thrift-store vase and spray paint it the perfect color to tie in all of your gourds! You can even spray paint the branches if the colors don’t suit! This is a great way to create an impactful centerpiece!
Of course, you will get the best results from your fall decorating projects by having the right backdrop - a new Eastwood Home! Check out our quick move in homes! If you act soon, you can have a new home in time for Holiday decorating!!